Saturday, October 3, 2009

Running Update #5

Dear Readers,

A HUGE THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has donated to my cause so far! I have raised over $1,000 and I am so grateful to each and every one of you. I will be personally in touch with each one of you in the coming weeks. It is hard for me to convey just how much I appreciate your support, but seriously - hats off to you! You rock! :-D

But - alas! I am still a ways away from both my fundraising minimum ($1,400) and my ultimate goal of $2,000. If you have taken an interest in my journey since May and thought that you might consider donating, now is a great time to do so. If you have any questions, *please* contact me and I'd be happy to answer them. Here is the link:

Team in Training - Kevin Franke

I will have more information about runner tracking notifications (automatic notifications letting people know when I start, am halfway through, and finish the race) soon.

If you recall, Dear Facebooking Readers, on the first day of September, I declared that I would not shave my beard until at least I had completed the race. Well, I was true to my word. My beard is definitely the biggest it has ever been. It has served as a reminder to stay focused on the race but I'm starting to look pretty weird at work and in classes. My appearance has been likened to such notable long-haired and bearded figures as Jesus and Forrest Gump. I take both as compliments.

To those of you who haven't seen me in a while, here's a ghastly update on my severely neglected physical appearance. To those of you who have seen this in person recently...

I'm sorry.



Until next time,

Your Bearded Boy,

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment