Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving thanks

Family, friends, fraternity. The freedom to live, learn, and love. My gifts and talents and the ability to share them with others. My hard-fought, hard-earned education -- the opportunity to fight for it in the first place. Science and enlightenment, and those great minds that paved the roads we now traverse. The beauty of art and music, from Mozart to metal to Mega Man. Mistakes and triumphs, comfort and pain, confusion and clarity. And all the calculations and chaos which have led me to this point.

I am thankful for many things, but most of all, I am thankful that the tides are turning in my battle with depression. Thankful for this renewal of my passion for life and recognition of my value as a person. To those of you who have helped me through (you know who you are), I thank you the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment